Meet Jason, our founder.
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFTA) with a bachelor’s degree from Indiana University and a master’s degree from Antioch University. I am also working towards both my Ph.D. in Clinical Sexology from the Modern Sex Therapy Institutes, as well as my certified sex therapist designation from the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT). I am passionate about working with couples and individuals who are experiencing a range of challenges including relational distress, strained communication, infidelity, anxiety, depression, out of control sexual behavior and more.
My approach to therapy is authentic, relational, and trust based. I believe in the power of attachment, our need to be accepted, and in our longing for authentic personal connection with others. I have received advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and am currently working towards the designation of Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist.
Areas of Focus:
- Couples Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Infidelity and Affairs
- Attachment Issues
- Communication Challenges
- Desire Discrepancy
- Professional Athletes
- Fetish and Kink Friendly
- BDSM Friendly
- LGBTQIA+ Friendly
- Faith Based Friendly
Credentials and Training:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFTA)
- Bachelor’s Degree from Indiana University
- Master’s Degree from Antioch University
- Ph.D. in Clinical Sexology from the Modern Sex Therapy Institutes* (In-Progress)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship at the San Francisco Center for EFT
- Trauma Focused CBT
- Member: American Association for Marriage & Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Member: Washington Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (WAMFT)
- Member: New England Community for EFT (NEEFT)
- Member: EFT Maine
- Member: American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Member: The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
I am a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker Associate and virtual therapist licensed in Washington State. I obtained my bachelor’s degree in Social Work from Saint Martin’s University, and my master’s degree in Clinical Social Work from the University of Kentucky. I believe that therapy is a way for us to intimately get to know who we are, and work towards living with authenticity as our favorite versions of ourselves. Through therapy, I work to empower my clients by establishing trust and consistently challenging them to work towards their goals. I aim to help each client I treat develop a “toolbox” of strategies and skills that can be used to decrease stress, improve communication in relationships, process emotions, combat intrusive thoughts, or target a variety of other common obstacles they may face in their life. I am passionate about working with clients who are seeking support for ADHD, disordered eating, poor body image, career and work-related stress, burnout, anxiety, cancer-related anxiety and depression, and terminal illness diagnoses. I utilize somatic therapy with clients, recognizing the ways our physical body and mental health are intertwined. I also work to maintain cultural humility in my work as a therapist, recognizing that my own experience is not reflective of that of every client I see.
- Licensed Clinical Social Work Independent Associate, Washington State
- Bachelor of Social Work, Saint Martin’s University
- Master of Social Work, Clinical Specialty Certification, University of Kentucky
- Grief and Loss in a Pandemic
- ARFID Diagnosis and Treatment
- Eating Disorders 101
- ADHD Certified Clinical Services Provider (ADHD-CCSP)
- National Association of Social Workers
- Washington State Society for Clinical Social Work
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counseling Associate (LMHCA) in the state of Washington. I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in cognitive science from the University of Michigan and a master’s degree in clinical mental health counseling from Antioch University Seattle. In addition to my state licensure, I am a nationally certified counselor (NCC). I am passionate about working with teens and adults in a strengths-based way to provide relief from mental and emotional distress.
My approach to therapy is relational, supportive, and rooted in attachment principles. I believe that we all develop and exist within families, contexts, and systems that influence how we approach relationships and challenges in life. I work with my clients to provide a safe relationship in which we can explore how their problems began and use our relationship as an avenue for healing and growth. My work is trauma-informed, client-centered and focused on progress towards the goals that are collaboratively set at the beginning of our relationship.
My areas of clinical focus include:
- Loss and Grief
- Stress and Burnout
- Non-Suicidal Self Injury
- Verbal and Emotional Abuse
- Existential & Spiritual Issues
- Symptoms of Trauma
I am a Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Art Therapy student at Antioch University Seattle with a BFA in Sculpture from the University of Washington. I am passionate about using the arts and have had a life-long devotion to creative expression and healing through community engagement, hoping to take these skills into a career serving children and young adults. With a belief that access to mental health services can be one of the most critical forms of preventative medicine, I aim to soon offer my therapeutic services to individuals in Washington state. For now, I happily hold the title of Business Operations Manager for Attached Therapy.