Jason Powell, Founder
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
Connecticut | Washington, D.C. | Florida | Michigan | Washington
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) with a bachelor’s degree from Indiana University and a master’s degree from Antioch University. I am also an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist (CST) who is passionate about working with partners and individuals who are experiencing a range of challenges including relational or marital distress, strained communication, couples who are in crisis, infidelity and affairs, anxiety, depression, strained physical or emotional intimacy and more.
My approach to therapy is authentic, relational, and trust based. I have extensive training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFCT) and completed both my core skills and externship programs at The San Francisco Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (SFCEFT). In my years of working with couples in a variety of painful places and degrees of hopelessness, I have repeatedly seen the power in framing relationship disconnection through cycles instead of blame. I passionately believe that even the most stuck and distant relationships can see profound breakthroughs.
I am humbled and privileged to have become a nationally respected voice and thought leader in the world of couples and sex therapy. I regularly provide insights on intimacy, communication, eroticism, and relationships to global media outlets such as Forbes and The Knot. I also write a blog about relationship therapy, what couples tend to struggle with, and my experience as a marriage and sex therapist which can be found here.
If you are local to Fairfield County, you might decide to work together in-person at my Connecticut office, overlooking the Saugatuck River just outside of vibrant downtown Westport. If you live in, or around, Washington, D.C., you might enjoy the cosmopolitan feel of my Dupont Circle office in the heart of The District. Perhaps you prefer the convenience and flexibility of connecting from your office or home within any of the states which I am licensed (CT, DC, FL, MI, and WA) using my HIPAA Compliant Zoom Platform. Regardless of how you choose to work together, you will find me caring, skilled, and comfortable. I look forward to connecting.
Credentials and Training:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist (CST)
- Board Certified Diplomate: American Board of Sexology
- Bachelor’s Degree from Indiana University
- Master’s Degree from Antioch University
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship at the San Francisco Center for EFT
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Core Skills at the San Francisco Center for EFT
- Member: American Association for Marriage & Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Member: American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Member: The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Member: Connecticut Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CTAMFT)
- Member: Washington Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (WAMFT)
- Member: South Florida Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy (SFCEFT)
A free, 15 minute chat to see if it's a fit.
$195 for a 50 Minute Session
$225 for a 50 Minute Session